London: Printed for presentation to the members of the Roxburghe Club, 1986. One of a small edition printed for members of The Roxburghe Club. This copy was reserved for member Anthony Hobson, and his name is highlighted in red on the membership list. Title in black and red. A complete facsimile of the manuscript in monochrome, except for a few particularly decorative leaves, which are reproduced in full color or partial color. A fine copy. Quarter burgundy morocco over burgundy cloth boards, gilt spine. Folio. 135,  pp. Item #13071
Presented to members of the Roxburghe Club by the Marquis of Normanby. Normanby notes in his preface that the scholars who have contributed to this book have not reached a definite conclusion about the source of this manuscript, though it seems most probable that it came from one of the two great monasteries in Canterbury. If this is so, it is likely that Wulfstan, Archbishop of York from 1002, acquired it when he went to Canterbury for the consecration of Aethelnoth in 1020. Wulfstan died in 1023. In addition to the Latin (Vulgate) text of the four Gospels, the manuscript includes inserted inventories of estates belonging to the Archbishop of York, several homilies, and other legal papers relating to the Province of York, all in Old English.